Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back In The Saddle Again.

Well, the long weekend is over and it's back to work.  Back to work on all those unfinished projects that are looming in the garage waiting to be beautified.

But first.....did everyone have a good weekend?  I certainly did.  No work to think about and didn't even fancy the idea to work on ANYTHING but relaxing.  What a grand time.  Hope you all did the same.  We visited the Portland Art Show downtown and it was filled with inspiration and ideas that I thought my head would bust.  So many talented people with such great "eyes" for the unusual.  It was great fun.

On a sad note, a friend of mine passed away over the weekend and even though I had not seen her in a while she will be missed.  It certainly makes you think about your own mortality alittle when something like this happens to someone you know.  I know this is cliche but she is in a better place as she had suffered through bad health these last few years.  We wish her family well in dealing with this loss.

Now, of course, it is time to set my mind on the upcoming show I am doing in October.  It is with an entire group of people that I have never met and, at last count, I do believe there will be 80 vendors at this show.  I will definately share more about this later.  Needless to say, I am very excited to be a part of this especially since one part of the two-day show is a benefit for breast cancer.

So off I go to paint and sand alittle (also to work on some small items, too).  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment