Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Special Home Decor Pieces

This lovely lady was yet another gift from my wonderful husband.  I gotta tell you, he has a great eye for the chippy paint. 

When we first saw this is a small island town, I was shocked by the price.  By shocked I mean REALLY shocked.  But, as luck might have it, the woman who was selling it off was ready to bargain.  Needless to say, the price became one we could live with so it came home with us.

Funny thing was, we never even measured to see if it would fit in our jeep (the car at the time).  What a sight, standing on the sidewalk, just the hubby, me and this beauty.  Looking rather confused on how we would get this home.  Luckily, a tourist came by, who noticed our perplexed looks, and offered a suggestion as to home it would, and did, fit in the jeep.

The rest is history, as they say, for today it sits in my dining area along with many other "gifts" from my hubby. 



No comments:

Post a Comment