Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Viva la France

Fabulous, fabulous fleurs.....what could be more beautiful to look at?  This was taken at a market in Provence, France.

I'm sure you have all spoken to someone who has visited the various markets around France.  Everyone seems to remember the one thing that draws them into the experience.  For me it was the flowers and, of course, the food.  Primarily because I was there taking cooking classes and each day we would get our vegetables, etc. from the market.

The spices, the vegetables, herbs and poultry were absolutely the best I have ever had.  But then again how could anything taste bad while you are visited France.  The colors, the smells and the sounds of all the people enjoying the daily task of shopping for their evening meal.  The only word that comes to mind is "enchanting".

I hope you all get to experience an outdoor  market in France someday.  It's well worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment