Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cottage-style Furnishings

Recently I have taken on a new project.......my furniture.  I think that when you buy and sell furniture you have a tendency to forget your own surroundings sometimes.  Well, I took it upon myself (with the help of my husband) to refurnish our living room with the ultimate furniture for our style of home.  The sofas are HUGE and not only did we buy 1 but 2!  Not to mention that great ottoman just completes the look, don't you think?

Then I decided that finally after 3 dining room table and chair combinations that we would definately pick one and stay with it.  The table that I redid has beautiful legs and the chairs are a mix of more formal arm chairs and two regular rattan back dinin chairs.  All painted a grey-white and crackeled perfectly (and naturally, I might add).

So, at the end of the day, the only thing I need to get is the proper carpets.  As much as we love hardwood floors it makes it alittle warmer to have a few carpeted areas in the house, don't you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment